Best of Egypt
Awaken your inner explorer on this expedition through the lush river valleys and golden desert landscapes of Egypt. Cruise the Nile past the pharaonic temples of Luxor to the Nubian treasures of Aswan. Your voyage will also take you to the mystical Pyramids of Giza, Tomb of the Nobles and the Sphinx.
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- 4 Lunch (L)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- Luxor: Enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest encounter on the banks of the Nile where your hosts, the El Boerey family, will share their stories about family life in a typical Luxor village. Savor a local culinary tradition of warm mint tea and freshly baked local bread with honey.
- Cairo: Enjoy a visit to Cairo’s Egyptian Museum, home to a remarkable collection of Egyptian antiquities including the world-famous ‘Mask of Tutankhamun’.
- Luxor: Spend the day discovering the wonders of the Luxor Museum.
- Luxor: Visit the Temple of Amun and the formidable Avenue of the Sphinx where you can discover the remnants of ancient Thebes.
- Valley of the Kings: Discover the ancient history behind the final resting place of Egypt's Pharaohs at the Valley of the Kings.
- Kom Ombo: Discover the temple of Kom-Ombo and Discover the wonders of the duo gods Horus the Elder and Sobek.
- Temple of Philae: Enjoy a day filled of wonder at the Temple of Isis.
- Cairo: Spend your day enjoying the sights of the Hanging Church of St. Mary or embark on a journey to see the ancient Citadel and the Alabaster Mosque.
- Giza: Enjoy a day gazing at the Great Pyramids of Giza and its treasures - the Step Pyramid of Saqqara and the Colossus of Rames II.
- Cairo: Be mesmerised by the intricate art of Egyptian carpet weaving as you meet the skilled artisans of a local weaving school. This ancient and traditional Egypt art is one of the oldest in the country, and only few schools have been safeguarding the traditional weaving methods on wooden looms, using silk and cotton, and natural dyes. More than carpets, they come to life as unique works of art. This experience advances UN Global Goal 11: Resilient Cities and Communities.
- : Explore Luxor and Cairo with an Egyptologist
- : Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, the temples of Karnak, the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and the Colossi of Memnon in Luxor, the Temple of Kom-Ombo and the temple of Isis on the island of Philae
- : View the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk in Aswan, the Citadel, Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques in Cairo and the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx at Giza
- : See the Ramses II statue and Alabaster Sphinx in Memphis and the Step Pyramid in Saqqara
- : Sail in a felucca across the Nile
- : The services of a professional English speaking Egyptologist / Travel Director throughout your journey
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Four-night luxury Nile Cruise
- : Flight from Aswan to Cairo
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : Flight from Cairo to Luxor
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- The services of a professional English speaking Egyptologist / Travel Director throughout your journey
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Four-night luxury Nile Cruise
- Flight from Aswan to Cairo
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Flight from Cairo to Luxor
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...